Leading Cities has the pleasure to introduce you to David Garrofé, General Secretary of CECOT, as the newest member of the Leading Cities Barcelona Local Advisory Board. The addition of Mr. Garrofé and his experience and perspective adds tremendous weight and vision to the Leading Cities Barcelona Local Advisory Board. During his tenure at Cecot, Mr. Garrofé has demonstrated the powerful impact collaboration and idea generation can have on communities and the businesses and people that populate them.
The Cecot is a multi-sector business association, founded in 1978 and composed of a variety of unions and business associations; a business association which brings together the interests of its members, acting as a representative before the social partners and directly or indirectly provides the most advanced services to promote the competitiveness of autonomous micro-enterprises, SMEs and large enterprises.
David Garrofé has a Bachelor in law by the Autonomous University of Barcelona and has also taken part in the Senior Management Program (PADE) of the IESE. He is currently the General Secretary of CECOT, General Secretary of the Business Angels Network of Catalonia and General Secretary of ESBAN, the Spanish Network of Business Angels.
As General Secretary of CECOT, he is also an active member in the:
- Catalan Vocational Training Council
- General Council of the Consortium for Continuing Education of Catalonia
- Executive Committee and General Council of the Association of the Industrial Pact
- Barcelona Metropolitan Region.
- Advisory Council of the Secretariat for Immigration
- Advisory Council on the Employment Service of Catalonia (SOC)
- Executive Committee of the Foundation Catalonia Culture
- Employment Pact of Terrassa
- Permanent Commission for the Employment Pact of Vallès Occidental
- Labor and Human Resources Committee of “Fomento del Trabajo Nacional”